Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The First Step...

Greetings,

This is an entirely new avenue for me. As of yet I have no real idea of how this blog will be shaped, but it most likely will be a place of reflection and questioning. I am presently the Artistic Director for Thunder & Lightning Ensemble. We are a company of seven ensemble members for all around the country creating Theatre in Chicago that seeks to attract a diverse non-traditional audience. Our website www.thunderandlightning.org has more details about our past work and future plans.

I have taken a sabbatical from performing for about the last year and one half. Currently, I am working to branch out and return to the boards. In that time I have directed two shows and I am slowly finding that the best fit for me in the Theatre world seems to be as a director. The responsibilities of choosing a profession that demands constant attention to deepens one's personal education is something I find enthralling.

I will close this first post by mentioning that I feel truly honored to be a small part of the thriving off-Loop Theatre scene here in Chicago! I can think of no city with so many opportunities for high quality work that continues to raise the bar.

-D.B.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too good at blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home